Kingfish are one of the most popular game fish in Sydney. They are also some of the most challenging to catch. If you’re looking to get into kingfish fishing, you need to know a few key things. From knowing the best fishing spots in Sydney to the right gear, rig and tackle to use, this guide will help you catch kingfish on your next Sydney fishing adventure.
Where to find Kingfish in Sydney
There are many excellent kingfish fishing spots in Sydney, but Darling Harbor and around Manly are some of the best places to find these fish. Kingfish can be found around rocks and reefs, so swimming and casting around these features is an excellent way to target them. You can also try trolling for Kingfish during the daytime or night, depending on the conditions.
Other great Kingfish spots include:
- North Head: This spot is well known for its excellent snapper fishing, and it’s not hard to see why. The water is clear and free from obstacles, making it easy to find fish.
- Manly: Manly is the place for you if you’re looking for a more challenging outing. The water here is full of big snapper, and the fishing can be tough.
- Coogee: If you want to catch smaller snappers, Coogee is your spot. The surf makes for great fishing conditions, and there are plenty of places to explore while you’re out there.
Tips for Catching Kingfish
Now that we’ve covered some of the best places to fish in Sydney NSW, for kingfish, let’s look at some tips for actually catching them.
- Gear up appropriately: Kingfish can be caught with light and heavy gear, but a good starting point is a quality rod and reel combination with plenty of lines. If targeting smaller fish, using lighter tackle can be more efficient; however, for bigger fish, using heavier equipment is key to getting the most out of your trip.
- Find the right spot: An excellent place to start looking for Kingfish is on or near structures – such as rocks at the edges of reefs or wrecks – where they congregate during the day. Be prepared to spend some time on the water – a good hour or two per day should suffice for fishing these spots well.
- Use bait: One of the best ways to catch big kings is by using live bait – either squid or prawns – which will trigger their instinctual hunting behaviour. Bait can be placed on the surface, below treelines, or inside the structure, depending on where you think Kingfish are likely to be found.
Kingfish Fishing Techniques
Sydney’s Kingfish fishing spots can be divided into artificial reefs, natural reefs, and bait fishing. Artificial reefs are the best place to target Kingfish as they provide a consistent food supply and create an attractive environment for these big fish. Bait fishing is a popular way to catch Kingfish, but using the correct bait can make all the difference.
Natural reefs are another excellent option for Kingfish, as these spots often have consistent populations of these large fish. One of the most popular places to find Kingfish in Sydney is Bondi Beach, where anglers can use live bait or Berkley Gulp baits to catch them.
What Bait to use
Kingfish are a prevalent fish to catch in Sydney. They can be found around rocky areas and near the shoreline. You can use many baits fishing for Kingfish, but squid is usually the most common.
When fishing for Kingfish, it is essential to remember that they are predators and will eat anything that moves. This includes juvenile mullet and sea bass, as well as other fish. So, if you’re looking to catch a kingfish, make sure your bait will interest them.
How to Cook Kingfish
If you’re after some of the best kingfish fishing in Sydney, read on…
The harbour is the perfect place to start your quest, with plenty of big fish lurking in various environments. The main areas to target are the south head and Darling Harbour – both well known for their abundance of big Kingfish. Other popular spots include Pulpit Rock, Kirribilli Bay, and Manly Cove.
If you’re looking for a little more variety, take a look at some of Sydney’s less well-known fishing grounds. For instance, head out to Swansea Bay, or hunt around the rocks off Middle Head. There’s no wrong way to go about it – be sure to bring along plenty of bait and know how to set up your gear correctly!
For a good reason, Kingfish is a highly sought-after fish in Sydney. They provide great sports for anglers of all levels, making them an excellent choice for both beginners and experienced fisher persons. If you want to try king fishing in Sydney, check out one of the below-listed spots. Whatever your fishing style, we are confident that you will enjoy catching a kingfish from one of these locations!
Read also : watchtodaynews
Leave a Reply