Every student who enrolls for higher education in a college has the dream to graduate and have a successful career with fruitful prospects.
However, the reality can be very upsetting for some students. There have been incidents of dismissals from schools across the states based on poor academic performances. If you’ve been expelled as well, then it’s about time you hire an academic dismissal appeals lawyer to challenge the school’s decision to expel you.
What leads to expulsion?
No school will straightaway expel a student. There will be warnings first. If you fail to rectify the issues, the board might take the decision to remove you from their school. The reasons that are classified as the grounds to remove a student from a school are as follows:
- You’ve been constantly getting poor grades.
- You do not have the required attendance.
- You’ve been accused of plagiarism.
- You haven’t behaved a certain way.
- You haven’t paid your fee.
These are but a few leading reasons that cause expulsion from the school on the grounds of poor academic performance.
What can you do?
If you’ve been expelled, the school will offer you chances to prove that the reason behind the poor performance wasn’t in your control. You can make the appeal to challenge the school’s decision with the help of an expert academic dismissals lawyer.
Two grounds that will make your case very strong include extenuating factors and factual errors.
- Factual errors: When the school’s board made an error and expelled you, it comes under factual error. You can’t file an appeal citing that the teacher wasn’t competent or your classmates were unruly since other students managed to pass. What you can do is prove that the sheet wasn’t marked properly, you’ve been graded wrong, and so on. An academic appeals lawyer will be able to make a strong case for you.
- Extenuating factors: If the reason behind poor performance or absence from the classes has been a personal loss like death in the family, you can challenge the decision of the school. Other extenuating factors include psychological medical grounds such as depression. If you were fired from a job and that’s why you couldn’t pay your fee, that’s also classified as grounds to challenge the school’s decision to expel you.
In a nutshell, there are many ways to reverse the board’s decision to remove you from the school. All you need is the timely help of an experienced academic dismissals lawyer. Don’t think twice and contact the best lawyer immediately.