An EDB is a mailbox file led by a Microsoft Exchange server to save mail-related items. Most conveying held in the organization with Exchange Server is saved in the Exchange database (EDB) file. While a PST (personal storage table) is a file format of Microsoft Outlook used to save items like calendar events, contacts, and email messages. Therefore, EDB files cannot directly open in MS Outlook’s newer and older versions. Read Step-by-step instructions to convert EDB to PST manually and by using EDB to PST converter.
What are the causes to export EDB to PST Files?
- Sometimes users convert EDB to PST files for backup purposes. Backing up the mailbox to PST files is cost-efficient for users.
- If the mailbox cannot be retrieved due to maintenance of the EDB, the data kept in the PST file seems a better option in this situation.
- You need to export items from the Exchange EDB file to a PST file if you want to open the EDB file in Outlook.
- Converting EDB to PST reduces mailbox size and improves the performance of Exchange Server.
How to Convert EDB to PST Manually and with the Tool?
Users can use both method as per their requirements and do the migration from EBD to PST. let’s discuss the manual method:
Method 1: Convert through Exchange Admin Center
Step 1: Open Exchange Admin Center > Select recipients > Click on Mailboxes.
You’ll get all the user mailboxes.
Step 2: Right-click on the selected mail you want to convert > Select Export to a PST File.
Step 3: Now the new window opened up. Click on Browse and select required mailbox > Click on any desired option > Enter Next.
Step 4: Now browse a destination where data need to be stored > Click on Next.
Step 5: Click on the checkbox and type the name of the mailbox in the field to receive email notifications to that mailbox > Click on Finish.
With the above manual method, you can convert EDB to PST file. There are some drawbacks of the manual method.
- It doesn’t support earlier versions of Exchange Server.
- Required good technical knowledge.
- High risk of data loss during EDB to PST conversion.
- Cannot repair corrupted EDB files.
Method 2: Automated tool – MailsDaddy EDB to PST converter
Through this application, user can easily migrate EDB file to Outlook PST, Office 365, Live Exchange and various there file format. It allows user to load multiple EDB files at once and export all of them to PST format without any complex step.
Step 1: Download and Install MailsDaddy EDB to PST Converter. If you purchased the license key then activate the full version of this software to convert single or multiple EDB to PST file without any limitation. Otherwise, activate free demo version.
*Note: Free demo version allows users to export only 50 items/ folder to the PST file.
Step 2: Open the software > Click on Add EDB > Select Browse and then click on OK.
Step 3: Now Second Window is open it will lead you to a display window where you can view the EDB item. Now click on Export Multiple > Select Outlook PST
Step 4: Select all the files> Click on Next
Step 5: Now Select Export and Create New PST files > Browse a location for the output file> Set a password if you want to lock your PST file (Optional) > Click on Next.
Step 6: Apply filter if required > Next
Step 7: When the process is complete click on OK > Click on Finish. Now you are all done.
Features of EDB to PST conversion tool:
- This software Repair, Recover, and export Corrupted/archived EDB files to PST.
- To perform the conversion exchange server is not needed.
- However, technical knowledge is not required.
- The tool has no size limitation you can browse any size of EDB file.
- Maintains the same folder structure.
Here I have detailed both methods to export Exchange EDB to Outlook. Any user who wants to know the different methods to convert EDB to PST can read above. Since manual technique is not completely safe, you can try MailsDaddy EDB Converter. It is the best option as you can see in this article. Still the decision is yours that you can choose any method according to your requirement.
Read more: Mistakes every content writer should avoid
Leave a Reply