Interior Designing is a professional discipline that involves improving the interiors of a space using furniture, furnishings, colour schemes, textures, lighting and other decorative elements etc. so as to accomplish functional, efficient, healthier and stunning environment in sync with the customer’s preferences and budget.
Interior Designer needs to possess deep understanding of modern as well as traditional architecture, tools & techniques used, the material being used along with the market dynamics at play. He works on a range of projects that included renovating existing spaces, designing commercial spaces like office, restaurant or hotels or designing new home or apartment.
Benefit of Masters in Interior Design:
Masters in Interior Designing offers immense advantage vis-à-vis career. Some of them are listed as under:
- Specialization: Masters in Interior Design equips you with advanced artistic and technical capabilities along with providing a deeper perspective about the industry. This will assist you in developing innovative concepts and intricate designs, thus offering you a competitive edge.
- Advancing your Career: Masters in Interior Designing will not only help in salary increase, but also position you among top candidates, who are usually being considered for top managerial roles. Additionally, the program will also unlock career prospects in specialized disciplines like product design, lighting design, graphic design, furnishings, furniture, kitchen & bath etc. and that too at a higher salary package.
- Embracing new technology and materials: Rapid advancement of technology has enabled interior designers to communicate and present their ideas more effectively. Additionally, advancement in production techniques have ensured introduction of new sustainable environment friendly material. People have modified the way they utilize spaces. Eg. Smart appliances not only exhibit opulence but also promote energy conservation. Thus embracing new technology & materials will assist in developing as well as maintaining distinctiveness of design concepts.
- Understanding of Business side of Interior Designing: Master’s Degree will mentor you with deep understanding of the business aspect of the industry, allowing you to acquire proficiencies fields such as finance, project management, quality control and sales etc.
- Trend Identification: Possessing scientific aptitude and analytical mindset will ensure that you are not only in sync with current trends, but also ahead of the game since you will be capable of anticipating trends and developing unique designs.
- With an increased awareness of climate change induced by global warming and the depletion of natural resources, clients have been requesting the use of sustainable practices and eco-friendly materials.
- Sustainable practices: Increased awareness about global warming and rapid depletion of natural resources have catapulted the demand for incorporation of sustainable eco-friendly practices. Masters program equips the aspirants with latest in environment friendly technology.
- Communication and Networking skills: Masters in Interior Designing mentor students to become proficient in communication and networking capabilities, which will assist in better comprehension & translation of client’s requirement into distinct concepts. The aspirants will be work with stakeholders, vendors and teams in different departments.
- Problem Solving approach will make you come across as a reliable and resourceful individual for clients, stakeholders and your colleagues. Your “never give up approach” will earn you respect, while positioning you as a natural leader, thereby leading to career advancement.
- Financial & negotiation skills: Masters in Interior Designing will equip you with competencies in financial capabilities. Financial acumen will assist you in efficient planning and thus you will be able to share with client more accurate estimate. Furthermore, you will be able to negotiate a better deal ensuring quality material at competitive price.