If there is a loss of a baby before the 20th week of the pregnancy period, it is known as a miscarriage. In the terms of medical, miscarriage is called spontaneous abortion. Commonly, it is not a kind of abortion. As per a recent study, more than half of the pregnancies finish in miscarriage. Usually, miscarriages occur after 20 weeks of pregnancy. Indeed, it is a very critical situation for couples. Let’s discuss the causes, symptoms, and diagnosis of miscarriages in women.
Foetal genetic problems of an unborn baby are the main reason behind miscarriages. However, these genetic problems are not linked with the mothers. In many cases, foetal genetic disorders are known as the major causes of miscarriage. But, here are some other issues that can increase the chances of miscarriage:
- Medical history of women (diabetes, thyroid problems, and others)
- Any kind of infection during pregnancy
- Hormonal problems or imbalances
- If there are any physical problems in women
- Uterine irregularity
- Using alcohol and smoking in daily routine
- Usage of drugs or other harmful items
- Immune system problems
- Other exposure to toxic elements
- The age of women (above 35 years)
- Cervical shortage (when a mother has lots of weakness in the cervix, it leads to miscarriage. It mainly happens in the second trimester during pregnancy)
In reality, miscarriage requires instant treatment to save women. However, doctors at an IVF centre provide the best treatment in case of miscarriage. But, how can you identify the symptoms of miscarriage? Well, miscarriage may cause several symptoms like:
- Bleeding (it may be light in starting and heavy in the end)
- Numerous cramps
- Pain in the abdomen/belly
- Tiredness and feeling not well
- Multiple back pain
- If any fever along with any of the symptoms
- Declining weight gradually
- White-pink mucus
- Some tissues (like blood clumps) are released from your vagina
- Some signs of pregnancy
Above are the major signs of miscarriage. Honestly, don’t be careless if any of you are facing the above symptoms. Immediately, visit your doctor/gynaecologist for a better consultant. Or you can visit the emergency room (as per the doctor’s advice). Usually, symptoms may be common but miscarriage is uncommon. So, don’t take the above symptoms lightly and always get in touch with your doctor.
Usually, diagnosis is essential to know the actual reason behind miscarriage. Without knowing the accurate cause, it is not possible to perform the treatment. Thus, a doctor performs some essential steps in the process of diagnosis:
- Pelvic examination: – It is the primary examination performed by the doctor. During a pelvic exam, a doctor will see the position and shape of the cervix. In other words, it is important to examine whether the cervix has begun to enlarge or not. In this way, a doctor can perform accurate treatment related to the cervix.
- Ultrasound: – Undoubtedly, an ultrasound test is required to see the internal health conditions of a woman. Usually, this test is essential to examine the heartbeat of the unborn baby. An ultrasound uses sound waves to hear the heartbeat. If you are not getting positive results, you have to go back for the additional test within a week. Or you can go through the prescriptions of your doctor.
- Blood tests: – During pregnancy, doctors have to perform several blood tests to check the health conditions of the patient. Also, blood tests were performed to examine the pregnancy hormones available in the blood. If any woman is suffering from anaemia, it can be identified with the help of blood tests.
- Tissue tests: – To determine the left tissue in your body, a doctor performs this test. In this experts can also examine the additional causes of the symptoms.
- Chromosome tests: – If there are two or more miscarriages, the doctors go with this test. Usually, this kind of test helps to examine the genetic problem of the patient.
During pregnancy, a doctor’s advice/prescription is so essential. Always go with the prescriptions of your doctor during pregnancy. Otherwise, it may lead to miscarriages or other health problems. A pregnant woman should take care of her eating habits, daily lifestyle, and physical workouts. If daily lifestyle and health condition are good, there are fewer chances of miscarriage. Also, timely check-ups and tests are required at the time of pregnancy.
Leave a Reply